Born May 21, 1980
Clinical psychologist, an influential Saudi entrepreneur, wellness & lifestyle consultant. Nouf has also
pioneered the practice of Yoga and Ayurveda in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf countries.
She leads a regional awareness campaign of Yoga and Ayurveda and promote them in the Middle East.
Nouf is one of the first Saudi professional lady to visit India to study Yoga and Ayurveda.
Nouf’s interest in Yoga is inspired by her father, Mohammed Al Marwaai, a highly decorated retired
military consultant and a regional and international karate, judo and Taekwondo champion. Her late
mother also practiced yoga.
Nouf earned her bachelor's degree from King Saud University in Clinical Psychology in 2004. Later, she
completed her medical training at King Khaled Hospital in Riyadh and volunteered in the Mental Health
Hospital in Jeddah as clinical psychologist.
Nouf is an advocate of yoga and Ayurveda because her learning and practice has enabled her to conquer
her health issues and lead a normal productive life. She struggled with Lupus and all its adverse effects
since birth with no clear diagnosis. However, when she was finally diagnosed in 1998. Moreover, she is a
breast cancer survivor and manages a support groups for people with autoimmune diseases and breast
The landmark point of her story took place on the 13th of July 2015, when she was adopted as a
daughter by H.H. Swami Veda Baharati, Swami Ramas disciple on the Himalayan Masters’ Tradition.
Nouf was in a trip to in India to meet H.H. Swami Veda in Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama in Rishikesh,
where he stayed and taught. She wanted to learn from his wisdom, however, she never imagined that
she would be the last person to talk to him and receive his wisdom before he left his body. During her
meeting with H.H. Swami Veda, Nouf received his blessings and instructions. H.H. Swami Veda invited
her to join and learn the tradition to teach it in the Arab world. Nouf was nominated by the Ashram
family to write the forward for Sami Veda’s book (pearls of wisdom) a collection of his works which was
published in his mahasamadhi first anniversary in the Ashram.
Nouf is a familiar media personality and she is hosted by various TV channels locally and Internationally
for her yoga and lifestyle consultancy. In addition, her authoritative opinions of health and wellness as
well as her advocacy of Yoga and alternative medicine has dominated the press locally and regionally.
Nouf is also invited to speak at seminars and conferences locally and internationally. She has endorsed
and worked in wellness & health projects with many popular national and multinational companies like
Uniliver, where she lead women health awareness program for 6 months in 3 main cities in Saudi Arabia.
Nouf also presided P&G’s women awareness program on Ayurveda and natural products in 2008 for 6
months in Jeddah. She also worked closely with Gold Gym and Enaya Care Co Ltd, to certify their yoga
teachers. Nouf is self-employed and a mother of one son, Faris.
• Established her first yoga studio in 2006 when she was 26 years old
• Established Riyadh-Chinese Medical Center’s branch in Jeddah in 2009 to provide alternative
medicine services such as Ayurvedic treatments, Acupuncture treatments, Chinese medicine, yoga etc.
• Formed Naturopathy Co Ltd in January 2012. Naturopathy Co Ltd is the first Saudi Arabian
company in the field of naturopathy and physiotherapy, a complementary method to physical therapy
• In November 2014, Her Royal Highness Princess Nouf Bint Muqrin Bin Mamdooh Bin Abdulaziz
Alsaud became a partner in the company.
• Established Saudi Arabia’s first Yoga School in 2008, the first registered yoga school in the
• She became the regional director of Yoga Alliance International in the Gulf Region in 2009.
• Founded the Yoga Alliance Gulf with Swami Vidyananda, the founder of Yoga Alliance
International in India, in 2009.
• Founded the Arab Yoga Foundation 2010. It is the first body in the Gulf that registers and
recognizes yoga teachers and schools.
• Honorary secretary to the International Yoga Federation, for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and
Arab Countries, since 2010
• President of the Arab Yoga Foundation since 2010
• Vice president of the Yoglimpic Committee in India since 2012 held in Gujarat – India
• An Advisor of the world wide yoga council Since 2015 and An advisor of the Asian Yoga council
• Taught yoga to more than 8000 people since 2005, and has certified and continues to certify
numerous yoga teachers from 2009 onwards.
• Founded Nouf international in Kerala in 2009 that became Nouf and Partners Company limited
in 2012, a Jeddah based global resourcing company with a subsidiary office in India - Koshy & Nouf Pvt
ltd, New Delhi
• Strong advocate of social responsibility and women empowerment through projects to help
women become financially independent and help raise their economic stability and social status.
• Nouf Marwaai holds expertise in yoga techniques and exercises and has been associated with
various esteemed yoga organizations and has been serving at various honorary posts.
• She was awarded the title of Yogacharya Nouf Marwaai, in Kerala, India, In 2009 By Swami
Vidyananda the founder of Srima school and yoga Allince India from Sri Aurbindo Ashram in New Delhi
for her long years of practice and support to Yoga.
• Nouf was adopted as a daughter by H.H. Swami Veda Baharati in 2015 and she wrote the
forward for his book (pearls of wisdom).
She was Awarded the Fourth Highest Civilian Award “The Padmashri” by the President in India for her
yoga promotion in Middle East and her ability to conquer a deadly disease only through yoga, Ayurveda
and naturopathy, in 25th of January 2018.
She was also awarded the “The YogRatna” Award by the Chef Minister of Kerala in 27th of September
2018 during the 7th Asian Yoga Sports Championship by the Asian Yoga Federation in India for her yoga
works in Asia since 2004. In addition to the previous awards she was awarded the “Women
Empowerment award” by the Indian Minister of Women’s Affairs in UAE during the Women
Empowerment Conference in April 2018.